Finance And Administration
General Administration Unit
- The Directorate ensures the approval of personnel policies of the Ministry on employment, personnel records, training and welfare administration are translated into good management practices.
- The General Services Unit is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Ministry including store keeping, transport, secretarial, records management, security, estates management and client services.
- The General Administration Directorate provides administrative, managerial, secretarial, logistical and maintenance services to ensure the attainment of organizational goals.
- The Accounts Unit ensures effective financial transactions relating to revenue and expenditure management.
- Prompt processing of payment vouchers and the issue of cheques to Agencies, Contractors and Suppliers for service provided.
- Responds to Financial Audit observation made by auditors.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly returns to the Controller & Accountant-General’s Department and the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning.
- Assisting in the preparation of the Annual Budget Estimates.
- Preparation of Quarterly Financial Management Reports and Annual Financial Reports.
- Offering financial advice to Management.
- Procurement and Supplies Unit
- Establishing and implementing procurement procedures and guidelines for the Ministry and its Agencies in line with national and international guidelines.
- Preparing, coordinating and monitoring the annual procurement plan for all services, goods and works programmes of the Ministry and its agencies.
- Developing standards, rates and cost indicators for all programmes of the Ministry and its Agencies.
- Establishing and reviewing thresholds for procurement of services, goods and works of the agencies under the Ministry.
- Reviewing evaluation reports on engagement of consultants, Contractors and suppliers for the Ministry and its Agencies.
- Facilitating annual procurement audits of all processes and procedures of the Ministry and its Agencies.
- Organising Ministry’s Entity Tender Committee and Ministerial Tender Review Board meetings.